Friday, November 29, 2013

An Icy Winter Wreath with a Burlap Nest

As much as I love living in North Carolina, now, I still love looking at snow and ice. Thus, my desire to create this year's winter wreath!

I found this nice, pre-lit, realistic one with pine cones at my nearby Habitat and scapped it up for a cheap $8.
I used lots of Snow-tex and glitter to enhance it and bring it to life!

Lots and lots of wintery snow, all over and on my great big burlap bow.

At the dollar store I found strands of plastic icicles. I cut them one by one and added them here and there.

Then I made a little, burlap nest filled with "snow" and added an icicle strand around the rim.
  I found the perfect "fluffiest" cardinal to snuggle in the nest!
 I'm so happy with the way it turned out and the fact that I'll get to display it for the entire winter season!
I'll be working on the inside decor and will be back to reveal it soon!

 Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP

 Like me? Follow me and I will follow you! 
Visiting Southport,  N.C? b e sure to stop by my booth @ the Northrop Antiques Mall and see what I may have there for you.



Sharing this post at these great parties

adelightsomelife  

craftsalamode  

kathewithane  

thededicatedhouse  

thehankfulhouse

lifeonlakeshoredrive

ivyandelephants

romantichome  

frenchcountrycottage  

rootedinthyme  

myturnforus  



9 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Love your snowy wreath, very pretty and looks great on your door.

Blessings, Nellie

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Janet! I love the snowy look.

Ivy and Elephants said...

SOOOO pretty, Janet! Love the look, especially with the icicles. Great idea.
Hugs,
Patti

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Your wreath is so woodland and winter cozy looking....I love it! Pinned to my "I Love Wreaths" board on Pinterest! Visiting from A Bouquet of Talent!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! My name is Katie and I host Fall Into the Holidays. All entries get pinned. I would love to have you link up! This week's round is still open.

Christy James said...

This is gorgeous, JP! I've never seen the icicle strands before, they are a perfect addition to this wintery wreath! Thanks so much for sharing :)

srpprcrftr said...

Great rescue on that Habitat wreath. Your burlap nest and icicles is great, love the fuzzy cardinal. Glad you shared this wonderful wreath.
Happy week

Crafts a la Mode said...

What a sweet nest of burlap, JP!! I have some burlap hanging around here... thanks for all your inspiration all year!! Your friend, Linda

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful wreath, janet! i love all of your xmas decor, esp. your mailbox!