Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Glossy White Pumpkins & Touches of Gold on Our Fall Mantel & Coffee Table Centerpiece

 A few weeks back my honey helped me paint two walls in our living room with a fresh, new, soft green. I chose to leave the other two in the existing, neutral, cream color because we live in a heavily wooded area and we need the lightness to keep the room bright.
  I may still opt to paint the other walls in another shade of neutral and convince my honey to install a new light fixture and change out the plaid valances....it's just that our home is a rental and we'll have to change it back should we decide to ever leave.

This year I followed through with my staying light theme. 


  My treasured, vintage clock sits on a ladder shelf.

White hydrangeas, from summer, stayed mixed in with the decor.

Pine cones and acorns dipped in white paint and tipped, heavily, in gold.

As always country touches and glam.

And rustic, chippy, chippy love that makes my heart go pitter patter!

Plastic pumpkins sprayed in glossy white and highlighted with some "rub and buff" in gold add a bit of elegance to compliment the old.



A complimentary vignette on the hearth below.



A painted bushel basket filled with a harvest of whites.

 We added an extension for our mantel that was made with love by my brother in-law...he's such a gem!

I told him that I missed the size of our old one which had more space for display and voila...he made my dream come true!

Another glossy pumpkin is featured on our coffee table on a shiney brass tray.

An amber, glass bead, necklace adds my favorite touch of glam.

A scarf, from my wardrobe, adds an interesting twist as an accent and runner that's wrapped through the tray's handles...
 like this.

A pair of amber votives and glittered falls leaves complete the coffee table centerpiece.


Fall, last year had more rusty tones.

This was from fall in our New York home


Now, I'm off to spend the rest of my day, poolside, with friends....84 and sunny is something that I simply cannot resist!



   Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!


Thank you, Kathy for featuring this post!
lifeonlakeshoredrive


  Sharing this post at these great parties

lifeonlakeshoredrive

adelightsomelife  

ivyandelephants  

craftsalamode  

3 comments:

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Hi JP, wow, you have been away. loving your new Fall look...Pretty and elegant too. Hope you are doing well too..xoxo

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

So very lovely. I just love the white pumpkins for Fall and your touches of gold add so much to your display. Found you on Ivy and Elephants. So glad I came by to visit. Lovely blog. Hugs, Beverly

Crafts a la Mode said...

I love the mantel, JP! Well, actually, all of your decorating and that LADDER!! Amazing. Best wishes, Linda