Friday, May 8, 2015

Home Sweet Home Mailbox

Our old mailbox was old and broken and recently needed replacing.You might already know me well enough to know that I like to start at our mailbox with curb appeal. 


It makes me and our mail lady smile and hopefully, our neighbor's do, too!

 I sprayed our new mailbox grey to match the trim and door on our house. The design was stenciled and hand painted to make it special.

I planted moon flowers in with my lamb's ears hoping that they will grow up the post and add to the faux greens and morning glories that I attached for a seasonal display.
This look will keep me happy until spring.

I took these pics, several weeks ago, when our azaleas were in full bloom.

We have lots more bushes in a mix of colors that are behind our house...I think we have over 30 in total!

We had a hot pink mailbox at our home in NY....our gardens were mostly pink, purple and white.
If you like gardens and want to peek at some of what we had I have an old page with pics here.

The next few pics are of more mailbox looks that I've posted on in the past. Use my search bar and you can get another look.












I wish more people would decorate their mailbox...it makes such a lovely roadside statement!


  Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!
Can you see him? He's playing "peek-a-boo!















4 comments:

Ali said...

I like your decorated mailbox. It makes a nice little something extra and is eye catching. We are getting a new mailbox soon and I think I might try stencils on it like you had. Thanks for the idea!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your mailbox always looks so nice!

Theresa @ Shoestring Elegance said...

Hi JP, Theresa, here, from Shoestring Elegance and The "What to do Weekends" Party popping by to let you know that we will be featuring your adorable mailbox tonight @ the new party! Congratulations and thanks for sharing with us!
Theresa.

Chelc | Inside the Fox Den said...

What a great makeover! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday, hope to see you again next week!