Thursday, July 23, 2015

Celebrating Summer with Food and Friends

Once in a blue moon I'll use paper plates or just set out dishes on place mats with flatware and paper napkins when company is coming to dinner. But most often I just can't resist the reason to create a beautiful tablescape to share with you.

 This was the result of my whim to create when we invited our, sweet friend, Carolyn and her son for dinner last week...a black and white, summer checkerboard theme.

You may have seen, or missed, my post on our lazy susan with, Emma, my sweet, barnyard pig.

I love farmhouse style.


A few little changes were made that sparked my idea to use more of the letter cubes at each place setting.

It became the perfect way to blend the centerpiece while adding everyone's name to their settings.

If I had more time I would have strung some cord or embroidery floss through the holes to unite them.

Daisy napkin rings were perfect for the theme.

Black white and green layers mimicked the center of the table.

That's me..."JP"

Refreshingly delicious cucumber, lime and mint water was served in my grandmother's rosepoint pitcher.








Since this photo was taken I made another subtle change to the centerpiece and changed out the herb garden in our window.
It was time for a change of view...my herbs were struggling to survive, so I created a mid-summer display and will share that with you next!


 Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!
Can you see him? He's playing "peek-a-boo!"
 
 
  Sharing this post at these great parties

craftberrybush  

onemoretimeevents  

.lifeonlakeshoredrive

thecharmofhome  

craftsalamode  

frenchcountrycottage  

rootedinthyme  

adelightsomelife  

  commonground-do

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Black and white checks, farm house style, and pretty tables will charm me every time. ;-)
Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Love your checkerboard theme and your cute pig. Where did you find your cute name cubes?

Vintage Paint and more... said...

I love black and white checks and the letter cubes are adorable. Definitely a very pretty table setting - thank you for sharing it with Share It One More Time. Cathy

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Oh the pearls on the pig are so cute!! LOVE the letter cubes -- such a great idea!

The Charm of Home said...

Love the checks! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!